Replacement shields for Gringo S helmets are injection molded with highly scratch- and impact-resistant polycarbonate thermoplastic. Our latest Gen-2 shields fit all Gringo S models because they ship with an all-new baseplate kit. These baseplates have an improved mechanism that results in firmer detents for three open positions. Anti-fog treatment included for maximum optical clarity.
• Injection-molded scratch- and impact-resistant polycarbonate thermoplastic construction
• Nickel-plated stainless-steel snap on shield fastens securely to snap on helmet shell
• Colored shields feature in-mold tint technology
• Mirrored shields feature reflective coating in a variety of surface finishes to reduce glare
• Every shield color and style provides 91% UV/A and 99% AV/B light resistance based on AATCC-138 test standard
• Anti-fog treatment on shield interior fights moisture build-up from breathing and humidity
Care and Maintenance
To clean your shield, use mild soapy water solution and a microfiber cloth to loosen bugs and road debris, then dry it with a second clean microfiber towel. Never use harsh household or petroleum-based chemicals to clean your shield, especially on the inside, as they can destroy the shield's special coatings. If the retainer snap on your Gringo S shield becomes tight or sticky, apply one drop of general-purpose light household oil to the inside. Apply one drop of medium-strength blue Loc-Tite to the threads of both hinge screws every time you install a shield.